Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Brownie Mix Cookies




 I've seen recipes for cake mix cookies all over, but I have yet to see a recipe using brownie mix! So I decided to be adventurous and experiment by making my own. Brownie mix cookies have probably been done before, buuuut I've yet to see or hear about them. Granted, I didn't look for any recipes, so I can't be sure. Anyway, let's get started!

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees, then throw an 18 oz box of brownie mix, 1 softened stick of butter, and 1 large egg in a bowl.
Then mix that together on low speed for a few minutes. I used my electric  mixer, but this could just as easily be mixed by hand! I noticed that there was still a little brownie mix at the bottom of my bowl that wasn't mixing in, so I added about 1/8 c water. You may or may not need to add water, but if you do, just add as much as you need. You're dough should look something like this:
Then scoop out your dough and plop it onto an ungreased baking sheet. Scoop dough balls as large as you like, but I used a teaspoon to make smaller cookies, because the dough is so rich. Just take into consideration that these cookies are going to spread a lot when you're placing the dough on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and voila, you have these lovelies.

 The cookies will be pretty soft when you first take them out, so just let them cool for a minute before you try  to take them off the tray. When they first come out of the oven, they'll be very chewy, but after they cool off they should be crispy on the edges and nice and chewy on the inside. They're yummy (and I don't particularly like crispy cookies!) and so easy to throw together. I have a strong feeling I'll be making these again.

Crispy Brownie Cookies
adapted from busycooks.about.com
1 18oz box brownie mix
1 stick butter, softened
1 large egg
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients at low speed until dry ingredients are moistened and mixed thoroughly. Drop dough onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 9-11 minutes. Allow cookies to slightly, then transfer to cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
Note: The brownie mix I used had a packet of fudge included with the mix. I did not use this, but feel free to experiment!

EDIT (9/6/12): I had one of these cookies after it had been left for about 20 hours on a cooling rack wrapped in a dishtowel, and it was chewy! Apparently after a while, these cookies turn chewy again, and are even better than before!

No comments:

Post a Comment