Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt



Thick, creamy homemade frozen yogurt, that doesn't require an ice cream maker. This recipe is so so simple; just egg-less cookie dough and greek yogurt. AND this is so much better than normal cookie dough ice cream, because it's not vanilla ice cream with chunks of cookie dough in it, it's more like frozen cookie dough. Which is a very good, very dangerous thing. It's safe to say I will be making this again. I didn't take too many pictures of this recipe, but I didn't think they were necessary because it's so easy. First, whip up a batch of egg-less chocolate chip cookie dough.
Then, add 1 cup of vanilla greek yogurt. I actually didn't have vanilla on hand, so I just used plain and 
doubled the amount of vanilla in the cookie dough. Mine was probably a little tangier than it would be if I used vanilla yogurt, but I liked it. 
Then transfer this to a container you can put in the freezer. I used a large tupperware container, then put plastic wrap on top of the cookie dough, then put the lid on the container.
And viola! You have frozen yogurt. Anytime I've tried to make a frozen treat before, it's been slightly icy, but this is so creamy and wonderful. My favorite way to eat it is a spoonful at a time. And by a spoonful at a time, I mean it starts as one and turns into ten.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt
½ cups Unsalted Butter, Softened
½ cups Packed Dark Brown Sugar
¼ cups Granulated Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 cup All-purpose Flour
¼ teaspoons Baking Soda
¼ teaspoons Salt
¾ cups Mini Chocolate Chips
1 cup Vanilla Yogurt

In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer, beat the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and beat until combined. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, soda and salt. Add the chocolate chips and stir.
Add the flour and chocolate mixture to butter mixture and fold in gently. Then, add the yogurt and stir again.
Place in a container and cover with lid. Freeze for at least six hours.





No comments:

Post a Comment