Thursday, September 27, 2012

DIY Mug Decorating With Sharpie



I love DIY projects. This is more of a method than what you have to do. You can use any type of dish, mug, cup, bowl, whatever, as long as it can handle being in the oven and doesn't have a shiny finish. This project is super easy and now I want to decorate everything like this. Everyone needs to keep their dishes away from me, because I will totally snatch them up and decorate them for you.
This is all you need; your dish and a sharpie. Either can be any color, but I used a white mug and black Sharpie.

I used a stencil, but you can go freehand if you so chose. If you use a stencil, just tape it on.
Then start by outlining your shape/pattern.
I went over the outline a couple times, then started filling it in, being careful not to color outside the lines.
Here it is before I baked it. The light is all weird because I did this project and took these pictures at night, and there was a candle burning near by. To bake: put your dish in a 350 degree oven for 30 minutes.
Here it is the next morning after I baked it, holding my iced coffee. I kept my mug in the oven for a while, to let it cool. And you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment